Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Mighty B

Back from San Bruno, with the first installment of items located on this recent trip. I've still got more from the first trip to post; I just started this one to show Randy of ShipCamouflage.com what I do and to get something done before the end of the month. I'd hoped to have the Franklin Report finished, but no way am I going to finish proof-reading and linking the 30 remaining pages before Saturday. The six and a half pages of this piece were OCRd at NARA between scans and at the airport and the proof reading started on the flight home. Finished last night after a couple of days break time.

So, it's a history of CL-62 USS Birmingham by her then-captain around the end of 1944. An interesting piece I thought.

THE MIGHTY "B"

(By Captain Thomas B. Inglis from "Shipmate", June 1945 Fleet Issue)
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.