Sunday, June 14, 2009

June Updates

Been busy enough at work that I haven't wanted to work on the computer much on my down time. This weekend was a nice change though and I posted a new document on prewar USN Turret Top colors that I came across in the archives earlier in the day. I also photographed some color chips of paints used to camouflage buildings in WWII... I need the text as well and will post that at some point in the future.

Earlier in the month I had posted two documents regarding the attack on Dutch Harbor to commemorate the anniversary of the attack. An often-overlooked battle.

Otherwise I'm about 3/4 through posting a document on the USS Shaw after Pearl Harbor, one of the first to talk about replacing her bow. Attached with it was a copy of an article about a similar repair done on a British Tanker that had been torpedoed. I found it to be an interesting read.

No comments: